Are you searching for carpenter jobs in the Madison metropolitan area? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and spearheading a consistent flow of residential carpentry projects? Are you friendly, communicative, organized, and eager to work hard and grow?
If so, W.E. Davies + Sons Remodeling, Inc. is looking for you! As a premier home remodeling company based in McFarland, WI, and serving the Greater Madison area, we maintain the highest standards when it comes to the work we produce. We are looking for an experienced, motivated, and creative lead carpenter to join our team and take on responsibility of four major roles within our company:
As lead carpenter, you’ll do more than work with your hands to create the beautiful end results for our clients. You’ll also plan, direct, and oversee execution of all of our carpentry-related remodeling projects.
Here is a breakdown of the clerical side of our lead carpenter position:
- Take notes for production meetings.
- Review project binder & plans.
- Build out job schedules.
- Order materials for projects.
- Spearhead production meetings on larger jobs (estimate hours & materials).
- Complete the final job review of hours, wins, & losses on the job.
- Change orders.
We are looking for someone who is detail-oriented and capable of efficiently and successfully planning and executing every project. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us today!
In addition to needing a talented and experienced carpenter to join our team, we also need a creative problem solver and team leader who will uphold the highest safety standards, keep projects organized, employees motivated, and clients happy.
The role of lead carpenter includes:
- Communicating with clients daily/weekly & updating schedule accordingly.
- Supervising subcontractor management/scope of work.
- Maintaining jobsite safety & security.
- Supervising field crew responsibilities & tasks.
- Coordinating team members for jobs.
- Providing on-site training for apprentice carpenters.
If you are a natural leader who has a strong command of carpentry and project management, we want to hear from you!
Not only will our lead carpenter be a part of the building process but will also fulfill the following duties and responsibilities on-site:
- Ensuring the proper tools, equipment, & porta-toilets are on-site.
- Running vehicle stock & tool maintenance.
- Securing the necessary equipment rentals.
- Overseeing site setup, dust protection, site demolition, & layout.
- Overseeing the project build.
- Installing the finishing product.
- Overseeing site clean-up.
Have questions? Contact us today!
As lead carpenter, management will be a major part of your role. The managing responsibilities include:
- Completing a site visit with the project manager & owner.
- Scheduling an initial walkthrough.
- Viewing & adjusting schedule for product arrival.
- Contact subcontractors of start dates.
Does this sound like something you would be interested in? Reach out to us today to begin the application process!
What Are the Requirements & Job Perks for Lead Carpenter?
We are looking for self-motivated, well-presented, and trustworthy individuals who love to create success for themselves and others. We are also looking for candidates who meet the following requirements:
- 5+ years of residential remodeling experience.
- Ability to fully remodel bathrooms, kitchens, additions, decks, loft spaces, etc.
Not only is the position of lead carpenter an opportunity to join a busy home remodeling company that has a consistent project flow. It is also an opportunity to be a part of an outstanding team and company culture!
Our job benefits include:
- Competitive hourly pay based on experience & expertise.
- Great company culture & work environment.
- 401K plan employer match.
- Paid holidays.
- Paid vacation.
Join the W.E. Davies + Sons Team!
Are you eager to learn, grow, achieve, and most importantly, have fun?